July 5, 2010

Wild Rose Interview



So I thought it would be a great idea to record my live interview on the CBC Wild Rose program this afternoon. At first this seemed like an easy proposition having grown up in a time where recording things of the radio was child's play. It's easy-you just put a cassette tape into the stereo, turn the radio on, and hit record. Yah, apparently times have changed and any stereos that we owned were so old that they didn't really work so well. We solved said technically issues by putting the radio next to my laptop and then recording it with windows sound recorder and the laptop's built in mic. So the quality isn't so good, but I did my best to clean it up with Audacity. Enjoy.

For those who are unable to see the streaming audio player, you can download the MP3 from HERE

3 comments:

  1. GREAT site. This is a huge huge urban ag trend right now. As an Edmontonian I hope that the bylaw changes. I'll keep checking your site for news. Oh, by the way, I can't get the audio file to work on my Mac. That's OK. Maybe it's on the CBC site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer, I had a quick look at the CBC site but the navigation wasn't very easy. I did find some wild rose archives but they were older. This was the fastest way to get it on the blog. I just realized the streaming audio feature is windows media player so Macs won't be able to use it, so I've added a link where you can download the MP3 directly and play it with Itunes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some truly excellent blog posts on this internet site, thanks for contribution. "Always aim for achievement, and forget about success." 1931 california license plate

    ReplyDelete