August 24, 2010

Close but no cigar

Yesterday you read about my attempted exploit into refining wax. I left the pot out in the garage to cool overnight and when I went this morning this is what I found.


It was a nice solid disc of wax but there seemed to be some debris causing discoloured veins. After I removed it from the pot it was apparent there was still a lot of debris on the bottom.




I have scrapped this off into the garbage but there are still a few large objects embedded in the wax. I have purchased a second pot from Goodwill so I will melt it down and strain it. I'll post pictures of that when I get around to it.

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Spa packages edmonton

    ReplyDelete