September 29, 2010

Hints and Deadline

OK, so I've already gotten a few guess for my last jar of honey. It appears it's a bit easier for me than for someone who hasn't had any sort of beekeeping experience. So I'll clear the guessing slate because the first few where on the high side and I'll provide a few hints to help people improve their drone hunting. Also when I clicked on the picture to make it larger it wasn't as large as the original file so I'll provide a link to my full size picture. That will allow all you guessers a chance to zoom in and look for the details. Onto the hints!

1) As already stated, drones have large fly like eyes. They cover almost their entire head.

2) Also stated was that drones have very large bums that are squared off. This means they are quite a bit larger than worker bees.

3) One can than assume that because they have bigger bodies, they have bigger wings.

4) Drones make up a small portion of the hive population, around 11%.

5) Because they are being forced out, they aren't allowed near the entrance to the hive.

Hopefully that will be enough to help all you out. Below is the link to the full size picture, remember to make the picture bigger if Windows automatically reduces it to fit in your browser window.

FULL SIZE PICTURE

The deadline for the contest will be Thursday October 8th, make sure to get your guess in before then!

5 comments:

  1. Ok, ok ... can I guess again? How about 12? Also, Goran wants his own entry. He's going to analyze the picture in great depth, I am told.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say seven. You can bring the honey when you come this wknd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mothers, always assuming they're right. Although I guess for you its a win win as I'll be bring down some of Mario's honey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When i first visit this kind of website and also try and glance just what this kind of website mentions As i obtained shocked combined with. AMAZING! great. You'll have acquire brand-new substantial and also enjoyable issue being analyze. Visit really feel great that any of us visit this kind of website. marijuana delivery canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've got accomplished realized a number of amazing difficulties this specific. Surely worthy of book-marking created for afterwards returning to. When i take into account the variety function anybody collection to make as well as excellent valuable web site. buy magic mushroom online

    ReplyDelete